WHAT TO KNOW WHEN PURCHASING A PRE-OWNED VEHICLE
With the current market situation, new inventory is scarce! Due to new inventory shortages, dealerships all across Canada and the U.S are depending on used inventory to keep their lots filled. Thankfully, KO Auto Finance had a wide selection of used cars, trucks, SUVs, Vans, and ATVs to choose from. Follow the tips below to make sure you have a smooth shopping experience when buying your next pre-owned vehicle.
Know Your Budget
How much can you afford for your monthly payments? Do you have a down payment? Figure out your budget before shopping, this will help you stay on track – as well as offer more information to your Sales Consultant when they are trying to find you the best vehicle and payment options. Make sure you also add in costs such as fuel, insurance, and maintenance.
Do Your Research
Check out different types of vehicles and create a list of vehicles you like, features you want included, etc. Once you have a good idea of what you want, it’ll be so much easier for the Sales Consultant to narrow down the search and get you riding off in a vehicle that checks everything off your list.
Review The Vehicle History Report
When purchasing a used vehicle, your Sales Consultant will have access to the vehicle history report. This will show you if the vehicle has ever been in an accident, any repairs, etc. This is a crucial step – the experts at KO Auto Finance will ensure you have all the information before we let you drive away!
Take it For a Test-Drive
Test-driving a used car is the best way to know if it is the right vehicle for you. When driving, ask questions and pay attention to the following:
- Is it easy to get in and out of the car?
- How’s the headroom, hip room and legroom in the front and back seat?
- Are you comfortable? Can you make adjustments to the seats and steering wheel?
- Is the check engine light on or anything else showing up on the dash?
- How is the visibility? Check the rearview mirror and the side mirrors. Look for potential blind spots.
- Check out the tires. Is there enough tread left?
- Test the brakes
- Pop the hood, make sure there is nothing leaking.
- Check the heat, AC, radio, headlights, brake lights and turn indicators.
- Ask questions! You’ll have a Sales Consultant with you during the entire drive, so make sure you ask them questions.
View The Inspection Report
Most dealers should have all used vehicles inspected before they hit the sales lot, ask your Sales Consultant to see the full inspection report. If your vehicle needs maintenance at any time, KO Auto Finance offers extended warranties on all vehicles!
The team at KO Auto Finance will guide you through the entire buying process from beginning to end. Purchasing a vehicle is a huge step, we want to make the entire experience easy and stress-free. Contact us today to learn more about our used vehicles and financing options!